Welcome to Domotique-fibaro

Inscrivez-vous maintenant pour accéder à toutes nos fonctionnalités. Une fois inscrit et connecté, vous serez en mesure de contribuer à ce site en soumettant votre propre contenu ou en répondant au contenu existant. Vous serez en mesure de personnaliser votre profil, de recevoir des points de réputation comme une récompense pour la soumission de contenu, tout en communiquant avec d'autres membres via votre boîte de réception privée, et bien plus encore! Ce message sera supprimé une fois que vous vous êtes connecté.

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

TheItalianJob

Hc2 Usb Key Corrupted

49 messages dans ce sujet

@Lazer

Ok I'm resuming my question http://www.domotique-fibaro.fr/index.php/topic/2364-hc2-usb-recovery-tweaks/?p=106311

I would buy an used HC2 with a 4.062 beta firmware but the owner tell me that the Usb key is corrupted but is readable by a pc...

After few days the owner is tyred to wait and pushing me to buy the HC2... The price is really attractive...

actually my home is running with an HCL (4.062 updated from 3.x) with a lot of freezes and the scenes doesn't work well.

If I'll buy the HC2 can I use it well also without a full funcional usb key? The only "now working" things are the factory reset and backup/restore?

Thanks

Hi TheItalianJob,

We have a working workaround, which has been successfully tested a few days ago.

But for this to work, you absolutely need the original USB Recovery Serial Number, because it is used to unlock the chips on the daugter card inside the box.

This Serial Number can be retrieved using the lsusb command (given in the 1st page), or using a tool like Chip Genius under Windows.

You can ask to your seller if he can confirm that he can get this S/N.

If the USB key is totally destroyed, he won't be able to recover the S/N, so you won't be able to repair the HC2.

Please note that appart from the backup/restore & the factory reset, I have also identified that Z-Wave module exclusion is not working. I would not recommand that situation.

So in the case where you do not have the original serial number, the only way to repair the box is to send it to Fibaro in Poland, which may add extra costs to you purchase.

If you can confirm that you have this S/N, then I will help you.

Ok, the actual owner has the "original" usb key, it's readable on the pc (the content can be read) so I've a chance?

Yes if it's readable you've got a chance :)

You can buy it, and I think we will found a solution for you.

Once you receive it, I will guide you through a series of tests to identify the exact problem.

J'adore le "I will help you", un vrai paladin ce Lazer :)

The new method is working, but be really sure this could be read on a computer, otherwise you would be good to send the box back to Fibaro in Poland...

ah mais je sais que je serai aidé par mes copains de la communauté de la clé :D:lol:

@Nico @mprinfo @jojo @PITP2 ....

If you are lucky, you just need to download and write a new image to the key, it can be done in a few minutes with a link available on the forum.

No posibole very speack english no good

Sorry my friends

Regards

MPRInfo

Envoyé de mon SM-G900F en utilisant Tapatalk

Ohh non Lazer, je préfère que le paladin s'en charge :) Et avec Pascal on est pas aidé en English...

Yes if it's readable you've got a chance :)

You can buy it, and I think we will found a solution for you.

Once you receive it, I will guide you through a series of tests to identify the exact problem.

Ok @Lazer

Excuse me the delay but now I'm ready I've on my hands the HC2 purchased.  :60:

Where do I start?  :huh:  

I'm working on a Mac, so I'll follow the linux way... there are contraindications on a mac?

Look in the Windows tutorial, you will find the procedure for MacOS (yeah, that's quite funny.... because this is the Linux way using the dd command)

Also, you need to find the Serial number associated with the FIBARO RECOVERY key

I've a lot of difficult to understand correctly the tutorial in Francais...

For now this is how can I see about the key:

Schermata_2016_01_14_alle_14_40_12.png

I've tryed to copy the content but I receive this error:
ENG: Finder can not complete the operation because some data in "hcserver.log.1" can't be read or written (error code -36)

Schermata_2016_01_14_alle_14_47_02.png

It looks like you tried to copy the files inside the filesystem, instead of creating a dump image.

Anyway, if the flash cells are corrupted, you won't be able to read the file nor the blocks.

So you should wait for @jojo because he can give you a link to download a full image of a standard Recovery USB stick.

Then, you can try to write this image on you own key, overwriting the whole content (using the Unix "dd" command)

I have seen some cases where this is just fine to get a functional recovery key.

But if the flash cells are really bad, the write operation may fail.

In that particular case, you can write the image to a new USB stick (size at last 4GB)

Then you plug both keys on the HC2, and try to boot boot you box. It should work (boot will actually occur on the new stick, while the original stick is still present for serial number security check)

If all the previous steps do not work, then you are not lucky, and we must try more complicated techniques. I hope we won't need them.

One more thing : the above screenshot does not display you recovery serial number. You will need it in case we need to go into the "more complicated techniques", so you should find it as soon as you can. This serial number is the key element to get a fully functional HC2 box. The best way to get this S/N is using the "lsusb" Linux commend, as explained in my USB Recovery Tweaks topic. I personally can't help you for other operating systems....

Ok I assume my usb key is not sdc but sdb..

Schermata_2016_01_14_alle_17_57_27.pngbut I can't execute the parted

Schermata_2016_01_14_alle_17_59_54.png

Yes absolutely, your device is /dev/sdb

But I can see in the dmesg output that your USB key is write protected, which is confirmed by the parted command.

It is a quite common bug at the firmware level :(

So you won't be able to write a new image to the key.

Then you must go for the 2nd solution I proposed earlier, which is writing the image to a new usb key.

Please note that you got your serialnumber in the dmesg screenshot;

Yes, good point that. Because this serial number is mandatory if you need to go to step 3 !

Then you must go for the 2nd solution I proposed earlier, which is writing the image to a new usb key.

mmhhhh... I've not clear what is the 2nd solution...  :huh:

Ok I'm downloading the image complete... 

another problem...

I can't connect with the HC2...

I've inserted the usb key and start the HC2. Only the power and network leds are on.. but the Fibaro finder app doesn't found it.

I tried to press and hold the + button to set static ip to 192.168.81.1 (and the internet led as starting to blink) but nothing...

An idea?

plug a screen to the VGA/HDMI/DVI port to see the messages.

You will see any error message, and the IP address.

But if the Recovery key is corrupted, the box may even not boot.

plug a screen to the VGA/HDMI/DVI port to see the messages.

You will see any error message, and the IP address.

But if the Recovery key is corrupted, the box may even not boot.

Ok but in the screen boot I've not seen the IP network...

this is the entire boot sequence:

IMG_1178.jpg

IMG_1179.jpg

IMG_1180.jpg

IMG_1182.jpg

There are many strange errors :(

You could try to boot into recovery mode (by pressing the other button at the rear of the box, while pressing the power button)

I am not sure if the box will be able to boot into recovery, because of the defective USB recovery key, but I am interested to see the onscreen display.

Did you write the image to a new usb key ?

As I told you previously, you can also test a recovery procedure with both USB keys connected (the original one, and the new one).

Did you write the image to a new usb key ?

As I told you previously, you can also test a recovery procedure with both USB keys connected (the original one, and the new one).

I'm downloading...

a 8 gb usb key it's enough ? (I've not a 4gb usb key)

Yes 8 GB is OK :) (or even more....)

Is the first time that I seen this strange process...

the old owner has suggested me to connect the lan cable directly to my pc without router  :huh:  (without a ethernet cross link cable???)

after I modified the ip of mac with 192.168.81.2 and I can see the HC2 on 192.168.81.1

Now I've checked the usb key (the first time) by the web interface and I've the I/O errors on console (are serious errors?)

IMG_1189.jpg

IMG_1190.jpg